‘Media Reporting of Elections in Asia’ book launch & online discussion
The Asian Network for Free Elections (ANFREL) is hosting an online discussion to launch its new book about the media’s reporting of elections in Asia on World Press Freedom Day, 3 May 2021 at 3 p.m. (Bangkok time).
Titled “Media Reporting of Elections in Asia: Issues, Challenges and Lessons”, the book gathers the experiences of journalists in select Asian countries and how they navigate the issues and challenges in the course of their reporting of elections.
ANFREL hopes the book would serve as a venue to find common ground and inspiration for journalists covering elections and help civil society organizations form programs geared towards engaging the media and other stakeholders in ensuring free and fair elections.
ANFREL invited the writers of the book chapters as speakers:
• Ratna Ariyanti, Indonesian journalist
• Dr. Kenneth Chan, Hong Kong Election Observation Project (HKEOP)
• Audrey Lo, HKEOP
• Chhorn Chansy, Cambodian Journalists Alliance Association (CamboJA)
• Karol Ilagan, Philippine Center for Investigative Journalism (PCIJ)
• Floreen Simon, PCIJ
• Dr. Sanjay Kumar, Centre for the Study of Developing Societies (CSDS, India)
• Kumar Lopez, Sri Lanka Press Institute (SLPI)
• Yin Yadanar Thein, Free Expression Myanmar (FEM)
ANFREL program officer for outreach and communication John Reiner Antiquerra will be moderating the discussion.
The book launch and online discussion will be hosted via online meeting platform Zoom and will be streamed live via ANFREL’s Facebook Page. Register here to join: https://bit.ly/3aB3Evk