Job Vacancy 2016 – Program Officer
OPPORTUNITY TO WORK FOR AN INTERNATIONAL ORGANIZATION
Formed in November 1997, the Asian Network for Free Elections (ANFREL) has been working to advance the cause of electoral democracy. As part of its overall mission of supporting democratization efforts in Asia, ANFREL focuses its work on three major areas: Election Observation, Capacity Building, and Campaign & Advocacy. ANFREL takes a holistic approach to achieve its mission and these programs are designed to complement one another in pursuit of supporting free and fair elections in countries across Asia.
ANFREL is now looking for a Program Officer to assist and support the Executive Director in the implementation of the Campaign and Advocacy work of the organization. The Program Officer will be based in Bangkok, Thailand but will be regularly coordinating with ANFREL’s network organizations across the Asian region.
Position: Program Officer for Campaign and Advocacy
Duration: Two years (November 2016 – September 2018) with possibility of extension
Deadline of Application: 15 October 2016
- Responsible in the implementation of ANFREL’s advocacy efforts and public campaigns;
- Supporting and assisting the Executive Director in developing strategies to advance electoral democracy promotion in the Asian region;
- Liaising and assisting in meetings with various stakeholders, including civil society organizations, intergovernmental bodies, and election management bodies;
- Regular monitoring of significant and relevant events happening across the region;
- Drafting of press statements to support efforts of member organizations or other local electoral groups, and drafting of statements in response to relevant events;
- Drafting of reports relevant to ANFREL’s work;
- Regular coordination with ANFREL’s member organizations; and
- Raising of public awareness, including promotion of ANFREL’s activities and programs, through social media.
Key qualifications and requirements:
- Demonstrated commitment to ANFREL’s core values of promoting democracy and human rights;
- Proven knowledge and understanding of political and democracy issues in Asia;
- At least 3 years of relevant experience in advocacy work, preferably on electoral issues;
- Strong work ethic and expertise in program management;
- Strong command of the English language;
- Proficiency in technical writing and documentation;
- Excellent public relations and communications skills;
- Proficiency in Microsoft office programs is a must; experience in graphic designing is an added advantage;
- A team player and can work in a multi-cultural environment.
- Bachelor’s degree in Asian studies, social sciences, political science, or any other relevant field of study or experience;
Please ensure to include the following when submitting your application:
- Cover letter to include details as to when you are available to commence working should you be selected for the post.
- Statement letter to describe how your skills meet the requirements of the job (maximum of 500 words)
- Curriculum Vitae with your most recent photograph
- Name and contact details of at least two (2) references, one of which should be your job supervisor from your current or previous job.
ANFREL welcomes and seeks applications from people of all cultures and backgrounds. Interested candidates may submit their applications to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Deadline for submission is on 15 October 2016. Only short-listed applicants will be contacted.
Download Job Vacancy announcement in PDF here: ANFREL Job Vacancy - Program Officer