ANFREL to host panel discussion on recommendations, way forward to strengthen Philippine democracy
The Asian Network for Free Elections (ANFREL) is hosting a panel discussion on strengthening democracy in the Philippines on 18 August 2022, Thursday, at 10 a.m. (Manila time)
ANFREL invited representatives from domestic election observer groups to share their insights about the recently concluded May 2022 national and local elections in the country.
The following are the confirmed panelists:
• Amael Vier, senior program officer, ANFREL
• Eric Alvia, secretary general, National Citizens' Movement for Free Elections (NAMFREL)
• Dr. Arwin Serrano, director of voter education, Parish Pastoral Council for Responsible Voting (PPCRV)
• Atty. Ona Caritos, executive director, Legal Network for Truthful Elections (LENTE)
• Ellene Sana, executive director, Center for Migrant Advocacy (CMA)
To join the panel discussion via online meeting platform Zoom, please register here: https://bit.ly/3QqBKoA. It will also be streamed live on ANFREL's Facebook Page.