ANFREL selects new executive council officers, members
The Asian Network for Free Elections (ANFREL) members selected a new set of Executive Council officers and members during the General Assembly held in Bangkok, Thailand on 18 May 2023.
The following are the new officers and members of the ANFREL Executive Council who will serve a three-year term:
• Chairperson: Rohana N. Hettiarachchie (PAFFREL, Sri Lanka)
• Vice Chairperson: Kaka Suminta (KIPP, Indonesia)
• Secretary General: Cora Ignacito (NAMFREL, Philippines)
• Treasurer: Sakool Zuesongdham (P-NET, Thailand)
• Elberel Davaa (Women for Social Progress, Mongolia)
• Asiath Rilweena (Transparency Maldives)
• Krishna Man Pradhan (General Election Observation Committee, Nepal)
For security reasons, ANFREL is withholding the name of the eighth member of the Executive Council.
Outgoing chairperson Muddassir Rizvi thanked the ANFREL members for their support throughout his tenure and congratulated the new set of officers.
Hettiarachchie, meanwhile, thanked the members of ANFREL for bestowing their trust on him and expressed to do his level best to lead the organization. He enjoined everyone to give their full support to the endeavors of ANFREL.