ANFREL is HIRING: Program Associate for Outreach and Communication
Program Associate for Outreach and Communications
Position ID: FY2019.PAOutreach
Hours: Full-time, Regular
Location: Bangkok, Thailand– ANFREL Headquarters
Salary: Commensurate with experience and qualifications
Deadline of Submission: 31 July 2019 | 17:00 [Bangkok Time]
PDF Copy: Program Associate Announcement
About the Asian Network for Free Elections (ANFREL)
ANFREL is a non-profit regional network, formed in 1997 working to advance the cause of electoral democracy. It has since then established itself as the leading NGO in Asia working on elections. To date, ANFREL has monitored 62 elections from all over the region. ANFREL was formed as a solidarity movement to oppose authoritarian and dictatorial regimes in a number of countries across the region. To date, it continues to promote the spirit of democracy through free and fair elections while continuously enhancing its strategies through strengthened cooperation between government and non-government institutions, both at the national and international levels. ANFREL continues to move forward as a leading organization promoting and advocating for better and more democratic elections in Asia.
ANFREL focuses its work on three major areas: Election Observation, Capacity Building, and Campaign & Advocacy. ANFREL takes a holistic approach to achieve its mission and these programs are designed to complement one another in pursuit of supporting free and fair elections in countries across Asia.
Roles and Responsibilities:
ANFREL is looking for a dynamic person to fill the post of Program Associate for Outreach and Communications. The Program Associate assists in the creation and dissemination of ANFREL’s outputs and public communications.
The Program Associate for Outreach and Communications will work with ANFREL’s Program Officers and the Executive Director in strengthening public awareness of ANFREL’s initiatives, programs, and missions. This includes the creation and dissemination of e-newsletters, infographics, reports, pictures, statements, and other forms of digital media, the management of ANFREL’s website and social media accounts, and participation in the development of strategies to further promote ANFREL’s work.
The Program Associate will be tasked with the following:
- Oversee the production of ANFREL’s e-newsletter;
- Assist in the development of public communication strategies to promote ANFREL’s work;
- Coordinate the dissemination of ANFREL’s publications and output through mainstream and alternative channels, as well as the maintenance of mailing lists;
- Manage ANFREL’s social media accounts and websites by publishing contents;
- Assist in the editing and designing of ANFREL’s publications such as press statements, infographics, and reports;
- Assist in ensuring that all publications are in accordance with ANFREL’s in-house writing style.
- Perform other tasks related to communications and outreach to be assigned by ANFREL’s Program Officers and Executive Director.
- At least a bachelor’s degree in mass communication, journalism, or public relations; or political science, social science, development studies or a related field is required;
- Excellent public communication skills. Proficiency in English writing and documentation, as well as knowledge of social media management, production of digital content (photos, videos, and infographics) are a must;
- A minimum of one year of working experience with human rights and democracy organizations is an advantage;
- Strong work ethic and time management skills;
- Demonstrated commitment to ANFREL’s core values of promoting democracy and human rights. Interest in political and democracy issues in Asia is an advantage;
- Strong command of the English language, additional proficiency in other Asian languages is desirable;
- High level of computer literacy and proficiency in layout and digital content creation software (Adobe InDesign, Adobe Creative Suite, Microsoft Office tools, etc.).
- Ability to work as a team player in a demanding and multicultural environment.
Please address all communications to Mrs. Chandanie Watawala, ANFREL Executive Director. Please ensure to include the following when submitting your application:
- Cover letter to include details as to when you are available to commence working should you be selected for the position
- Statement letter to describe how your experience and skills meet the requirements of the job (maximum 500 words)
- Curriculum Vitae
- Name and contact details of at least two (2) references.
ANFREL is an equal opportunity employer and welcomes applications from people of all cultures and backgrounds. Interested candidates should submit their applications to email@example.com.
All application requirements should be submitted on or before July 31, 2019, at 5 pm GMT +7 (Bangkok Time).
Only candidates who have met the required experience & qualifications for this position will be contacted for interviews from August 6 to 8, 2019. No phone calls, please. We may wish to retain your CV in our database for other/future opportunities unless you direct us otherwise. Thank you very much for your interest.